Friday 22 October 2010

Happy (Fairytale Wedding) Weekend!

October seems to be wedding fever fest as another of my oldest BFF's is getting married tomorrow, I am so incredibly excited for her and her man! I mean, imagine meeting someone when you're just a toddler...(they've known each other since the nursey!) and through the years you're just friends and then years down the line you get together and well, something extraordinary happens! Now they have their happily ever after!

There's also a little story that goes with the image above. Whilst at my parents place I've managed to dig up the December issue of Vogue, 2004 in my historic archive of magazines... It's official, I'm a hoarder!!! I still couldn't bring myself to part with my other decade+ old Vogue & Elle magazines, which are still mostly in pristine condition. I still have piles and piles of magazine such as SKY, (from almost 16 yrs ago - they were my brothers but I secretly stashed them away when he'd finished with them), NOVA, Flaunt, SCENE amongst weekend supplements such as the Sunday Times Style but these little treasures are sitting in boxes in a garage. These reads are my great love and my instant fashion fixes. Anyhow, I'll have to share the entire spread from that shoot (shot by the talented Tim Walker) in my next post, as it was amazing!!!

What about you? What do you secretly stash away?
Do you have any inspirational reads which you hold on for dear life? I used to tear the best bits out of magazines and file them accordingly too - Dresses, Tailoring, Shoes, Bags, Travel... back when I had too much time on my hands!

Falling in love with the gowns in this shoot!


Lara Stone By Mario Testino for Vogue UK Dec 2009
via here

HAVE A SUPER DUPER FASHION FEST WEEKEND!

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...