Tuesday 19 October 2010

My Fair Lady in the making?

As somone who has loved Audrey Hepburn movies since I was a kid, I have since wondered who would be casted to play the glamourous starlet of the 60's, if they were ever to do remakes of Sabrina, Roman holiday, Breakfast at Tiffany's or even My Fair Lady. That was until I saw these amazing shots be Mario Testino of Anne Hathaway as this months cover star for US Vogue, exuding the classic movie star inspired looks of Audrey Hepburn. This girl has something about her... What do you think?
I must admit that I am a bit old skool in the way that I do love and prefer originals to remakes, as you can't always capture that 'Je ne sais quoi' which makes the movie what it is.


Below: Anne Hathaway doing her own Hepburn thing in stunning couture & oozing star quality

Anyhow, I'm still blown away how glamourous and dazzling Anne looks in these shots! You'll have to check out the full editorial for more dreamy fabulous haute couture here. There's this one shot outside the Hôtel de Crillion, where Anne is wearing such a gorgeous gown by Isaac Mizhari.




The original screen Queen of the 60's, Hepburn in her role as Holly Golightly,
Breakfast at Tiffany's



My fair Lady


That infamous red Givenchy gown in Funny Face


Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina



images via vogue.com & here
Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...