Friday 28 January 2011

Flash forward to Spring: High streets hottest

Spring might seem like light-years away at the moment and with the constant downpour in Athens, along with the dreary grey skies, I'm thinking spring just couldn't come any sooner. What has been seriously awesome this Jan is the fact that the skies are getting lighter with twilight falling upon us Athenians somewhere around 5:30pm-ish now. Hoorah!

Along the way I've spotted some of high streets hottest Spring looks, a sure fire way to lift my spirits and ignore the fact that I've caught a stinky cold off Mr. Perseus.

River Islands Spring Summer 11 campaign got me hooked, from the vibrant pops of colour - yes, the cobalt and those mustard pumps are kinda calling to me, sports luxe and inspirational 70's, lots of wide palazzo style pants too - me likey!

1. Paris blazer, Electric blue Mischa top £29.99, Violet hareem trousers £29.99, Mustard SW
courts £64.99

2. Ming sleveless denim shirt, Ivy shirt £29.99, Gardenia mini £19.99, Coralie platforms £49.99
3. Bella fallaway jacket, Mischa ecru top, Mono elasticated waist trousers £29.99, Juliette
sandals £89.99

4. Georgia blouse, Multi-stone necklace, Jungle pants £34.99, Raffia weave sandals £64.99
5. Maggie sleveless blouse, Gwyneth ful skirt, Claudia clasp bag £69.99, Josie cowboy boots
£84.99

6. Kate spotty dungarees £44.99, Red bow platforms £69.99

all images via River Island


Primark - yes shock horror that I mention these guys, but whilst I might not be buying from here, (unless I hop on a plane and feel the urgent need for fast throwaway fashion) I will mention that I quite the looks/styling they've got going on. I think the 5th look, loose sleeveless top teamed with mid length skirt is very Kate Bosworth, no? Whereas look 3. has Alexa Chung written all over it. What do you think?


images via Marie Claire

A huge thanks to new readers and followers stopping by, be sure to leave your link!

Wishing you all a brilliant weekend! Have fun!
Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...