Saturday 7 April 2012

GLOBAL WARRIOR CHIC: AZTEC & TRIBAL PRINT INSPIRATION

 via Saboskirt blog, eye-watering gorgeous shoot here
Aztec print dress 'Down Lover's Lane' by Aussie label Talulah from their AW12 collection here

Well helloooo there! Hope you guys are all enjoying the weekend, the sun seems to be out on full force over here which is a bonus. 
Just the other day I thought my love affair with Aztec had died and gone back to closet heaven, til I came across the image above. How gorgeous is this dress? If you love Missoni chevrons then this is the frock for you! 
The thing with tumblr (and it incredibly frustrating), is that some peeps claim the images as their own or rather stating themselves as the original source, so I never got to find out who this mysterious and stylish blogger was til I pinned it! Thanks to my old blogger bud T's eagle fashion eye, she revealed that this Aussie blogger was one half of the fab duo from SaboSkirt.com online store and blog - Thessy Kouzoukas. Be prepared to drool over gorgeous images and hot buys if you're there!
 
Ok rambling again..., moving on. Just when neon seems to be popping up everywhere, I start seeing Aztec, tribal & abstract prints take centre stage again. In the space of a decade I've seen takes on tribal, Aztec and Navojo prints at least 3/4 times... As for Missoni, she is the original chevron queen and her legendary prints are there to be worn over and over again.


 Remember Whitney Port of MTV's 'The City' & The Hills, well this budding designers Fall 11 collection 'Whitney Eve' is all about Aztecs, with a playful approach on secretary style dressing and crop tops! (Oh man, to be young again!) Check out her whole lookbook here.

 One of my fave fave designer labels in the world - Sass & Bide! I was really blown away by their 'A Winning Day' Resort 11 collection, so bold, so colourful, so yummy! This is one of the team players & also one of my fave girl crushes - Pip Edwards (Senior Creative), whose style is always on top form. I mean just check out her heels? LOVE!

image via Sass&Bide Blog.

 So what's on the highstreet I hear you say my pretties? 
Left-Right: Aztec print dress by Tobi (US) $37,  Aztec Cap slv midi body-con dress by Boohoo £18 & asos Tex Mex Sequin dress £150.

 Printed midi pencil skirt by River Island £22 & super cute  Aztec print Knicker shorts by Topshop £22. I think this will be a firm favourite for summer.
image of shorts above via here.

 This post wouldn't be a full on Aztec inspired post if I left out Nail Art right? Love this inspo image from Refinery 29 - check out this video on how to do your own nails (or get someone to do this - I'm picturing wonky lines already!) I know, this nail art is just a bit colour & pattern crazy, but sometimes we need a bit of 'good' crazy in our life.

Fierce Nail Art inspo via Maya Hoffman, CompulsiveNails.tumblr.com, BonnieChengDesign.tumblr.com & thewishsource.tumblr.com
A little bling from my latest Online obsession discovery: Tobi. These guys always for a mini sale on their new arrivals - seriously amazing, no?
I'm loving these Swatch Earrings $15 & Vector bracelet $8 (USD)

Well my sweetie pies, I hope you're all enjoying a lovely long weekend for those of you who have Good Friday and also Monday off! Lucky you! Easter is kicking off for us next weekend! I'm already thinking about my chocolate induced coma... How are you spending your weekend cupcakes?

p.s Miss you guys loads... Thanks for your patience! Have a fab weekend!
x.o.x.o
Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...