Monday 12 November 2012

LIVIN' DOLL SOLE SENSATION: SOPHIA WEBSTER

Happy Monday loves! I hope you all had an amazing weekend! Thank you for all your wonderful birthday wishes & love, you guys rock! I had a lovely time, imagine copious amounts of cake & my fave - lemon tartlets and good company, I sure was a happy bunny!

As it's Monday, I thought I may as well kick off the week with a shoe post. Right now, I'm lusting over new it-girl shoe designer, Sophia Websters super fun, playful, bold and colourful designs. She's the hottest new name to rock out such an amazing first collection in New York, that US vogue insisted that they featured her designs before anyone else! Whoa!

If you take a peek at the designs, you may feel or sense some kind of familiarity, which I initially did too. Are these Nicholas Kirkwood designs? No. After finishing her degree at Cordwainers College, Sophia completed an MA at the Royal College of Art before landing a much coveted role with Nicholas for 2 years before launching her own line.
I just love the concept of 'Welcome to the Dollhouse' for her launch at LFW, the S/S13 collection that screams sexy, confident and fun. Inspired by Rio, she say's "Everyone paints their houses in mad bright pastels which inspired the colour palette," she explained. "I spent some time in Rio between factory visits and really loved it there. Even in the parts with the most extreme poverty the people and the landscape is so lively and colourful and I wanted to reflect that in the collection." (via Vogue.com)

I could definitely see Sophia teaming up with the likes of Sass & Bide in the future or even Peter Pilotto...
It's true, I'm in love with Sophia's creation, consisting of ruffles, bows, flamboyant prints and heels made with colourful shiny balls, I really wouldn't mind adding these ones (above & below) to my shoe collection, sigh...for now I'll just oogle them at Browns Fashion Net-a-Porter, Colette & Harvey Nichols.
images via Vogue.com, SocietePerrier.com & Fashionista.com

Who are you loving shoe wise right now? Please share!

Have a fantastic new week loves!
x.o.x.o

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...