Friday 8 February 2013

FORTUITOUS RED: CELEBRATING THE YEAR OF THE SNAKE

 
Liu Wen Vogue Germany Aug 12

Welcome to Friday lovelies, boy am I glad that there's some to unwind and for me to catch up big time on sleep if possible. I hope you've all had a brilliant week and are all set to enjoy your weekend. 

My dear readers, I am beyond excited for the weekend, as my family & I will be celebrating Chinese Lunar New Year on Sunday... The run up is always a great time too, since I get to stuff my face for 3 consecutive days... add Pancake day, Valentines Day, my God Daughters 3rd birthday party and a friends CNY banquet celebration next week, that's like a whole entire week of just eating. Good thing I'm pregnant huh?

 
Fei Fei Sun by Raymond Meier

I'm also excited, as this year is Mr. Perseus' year and little baby bao's special year - the year of the snake! It's a great year for those who are of water elements... but overall, it will be an interesting year for everybody across the globe since the fire element of the snake clashes with the water energy this lunar year. If you're trying to work out which Chinese horoscope star sign you are & read about superstitions click here.
Right, time to leave you with some images with pops of red, a lucky colour in Chinese Culture.

Vogue CN October 2009
Liu Wen Vogue Germany Aug 12
Sui He for Vogue CN june 2012

Red tablescape, perfect for Chinese New Year celebrations via here
Cherry Blossom and red nail art, pretty no? via Pinterest
Hello gorgeous looking cupcakes?! They're probably too pretty to eat. I love these little bites for guests - peanut butter cookies and gold glitter dipped fortune cookies! The red envelopes along with the mandarins are a very popular display in households over the New Year period.

The home is ready and prepped for the big day... what are your weekend plans? Will any of you be popping into Chinatown for the festivities? Whatever you're up to, have a spectacular one loves.

Here's to a fabulous Chinese New Year!
Gung Hei Fat Choy.
恭喜發財!
x.o.x.o  
Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...